Monday, February 17, 2014

Don't ask me

Yesterday one of my neighbors asked me, "Which tablet should I buy for my 10-year-old grandson?"

I get asked questions like that a lot and, invariably, I answer, "I don't know."

Of course, my inclination is to reply, "Get an iPad mini" because that's what I chose and thoroughly enjoy using. Why not an iPad Air or iPad Retina? My choice was based on three factors: bias, size, and weight.

Admittedly, I favor Apple products over those manufactured by other companies and I haven't even used others. Therefore, I cannot presume that one brand is better than any other. So much for bias… actually, blind bias.

As for size, I wanted something that could accompany me wherever I choose to go. Dimensions of my iPad mini are 7.87 x 5.3 x .28 inches, small enough to slip in and out of my handbag easily.

The weight of the iPad mini was also a determining factor for me. Initially, I purchased an iPad Retina but, when I found the additional ounces made it burdensome to hold for more than a few minutes, I exchanged it for the iPad mini.

The one thing I don't like about my iPad mini is how much it cost. Ah, well…


No comments:

Post a Comment